Following on from our alkalizing article, I thought it best to share where some of your exposure to toxins could be taking place. The book Dangerous Beauty by Peter Dingle (PhD) has been part of my personal library for a long time and I refer back to it frequently to check the safety of product ingredients. Check the book out online here and consider what you are investing into your future health by eliminating these toxic influences. http://www.drdingle.com/dangerous-beauty/
Many personal care products contain any number of ingredients that are toxic or less than safe. The list of ingredients that have concerns surrounding them is extensive. The ingredients listed here are some of the most common toxic ones. The best option may be to find a company like Modere who are committed to making safe, effective products avoiding all known toxic ingredients.
Personal Products and Hair Loss Treatment, common Toxic Personal Care Product Ingredients:
- Shampoo/Conditioner – SLS, SLES, cocamiopropyl betaine, glycerine, quaternium, coal tar, DEA, propylene glycol, formaldehyde, tallow, isopropanol
- Hair Sprays & Styling – DEA, BHA, methylene chloride, toluene, fluorocarbons
- Hair Dyes – phenylenediamine, hydroxyanisole
- Skin Care & Cosmetics – Propylene glycol, parabens, DEA, 2-bromo2-nitropropane I, Bronopol, BNDP, BHA, coal tar, formaldehyde, glycerine, alpha hydroxyl acids, lanolin, mineral oil, SLS, SLES, PEG, sodium hydroxymethglycinate, petrolatum, bentonite, kaolin
- Talc – Frequently used in make-up, blocks pores, associated with increased ovarian cancer, dangerous when inhaled
- Toothpaste – Fluoride, SLS, parabens, saccharin, propylene glycol, artificial flavours and colours
- Antiperspirants – Aluminium, propylene glycol, triclosan
- Sunscreen – PABA, benzophenones, dibenzoylmethanes
- Baby products – BHA, propylene glycol, talc, SLS, SLES
- Bubble bath/body washes – SLS, SLES, DEA, TEA MEA, quatenium, PEG, fragrances
- Soap – Tallow, lye which is a skin irritant
- Shaving cream – SLS, propylene glycol, DEA, MEA, PEG
- Nail treatments – Acetone, acetonitrile, formaldehyde, toluene, isopropanol
- Fragrances – Perfumes, air fresheners and fragrances in a wide range of personal care products can cause asthma, hyperactivity and headaches. Over 100 toxic ingredients not identified on labels used as fragrances are capable of causing cancer, birth defects, central nervous system damage and allergic reactions
As you can see, there is a lot more out there than meets the eye, and the story is not much better when we look at food. Absolique Hair Health Clinic do not use or recommend any products that contain harmful ingredients and we have done our research to be sure the safe products we use and recommend really are what they say they are and do what that are designed to do.
Hopefully this has helped you realize of the exposure we have all had throughout life this far without even considering work and environmental exposure to harmful substances. Take the clean home challenge with Modere and gradually swap harmful product for ones that are safe for you and your family.
For further information on Personal Products and Hair Loss Treatment contact Absolique Hair Health Clinic on 07 3229 3242 or email Trichologist Carolyn Evans-Frost firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2016 Absolique Hair Health Clinic. All Rights Reserved